Poll: Where would you like to eat?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Okinawa
42.86%
3 42.86%
Shalimar
28.57%
2 28.57%
Don't care just gimme food!! >.<
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eat out after October Meeting
Since several of us had a good time at Sushi Tei and said we'd like to go out again trying a different place. Stacy recommended going out after the October meeting. There seems to be a good interest in going out to eat at Royal India.

More information later!
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
Sorry! I knew I forgot something on Saturday, but I was crazy busy! I'm totally up for trying again until I actually make it to this thing. Confusedweatdrop:
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
Personally, I would be up for Okinawa.

I tried Royal India for the first time a few weeks ago, and honestly, it was kind of creepy.
It was lunchtime buffet, but you're not allowed to order non-buffet items.
And it was COMPLETELY EMPTY.

And the food was okay.
But for lunch, I by far prefer Shalimar, House of India, or Sitar.
But hey, maybe it's better at dinner -- I'd try it, anyway.

Oh right -- Karavelli in Latham is superb!
There is a Shalimar in the Price Chopper plaza in Clifton Park that was deserted at lunch time and all they had was a buffet. The food was decent and the owner was super nice but the place was completely empty o_0

I definately want to try Okinawa if we don't go out for Indian.

Ben (my husband) and I also like Caribbean and Greek. There is a cute little greek place downtown Albany that we really like. We haven't had much luck finding Caribbean except for this place in Troy which was a disaster when we went.

Also, has anyone been to Sake Cafe on New Scottland Ave. I guess they just opened in June and have gotten great reviews. There is one on the TU site.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
Ah, that's funny :3
I've actually been to the Clifton Park for lunch on a Sat, and it was packed.
And the Shalimar in downtown Albany always has people there at lunch M-F.

I've been to A Taste of Greece a couple times, and I'd definitely go again.
Ah, I think I've been meaning to try that Caribbean place!

Oh, as far as exotic places to eat go, there's a Polish/European restaurant in Troy called Muza.
http://www.muzaeuropeanfood.com/
I've eaten there once, but I've been craving to go back there again some time Big Grin
Quote:Oh, as far as exotic places to eat go, there's a Polish/European restaurant in Troy called Muza.
http://www.muzaeuropeanfood.com/
I've eaten there once, but I've been craving to go back there again some time Big Grin

We went to a German place out of Balston Spa. The food was decent but the place was practically empty because we went on a Thursday night. I'm sure if we went on the weekend the food would be a little better and the place full. The only reason I thought of it is because you mentioned Polish.

Funny story about the Caribbean place: We decided to go to this other Caribbean place in Troy after Saturday's Genericon last year. We drove all over looking for it but when we got there it was closed so we happened across the place mentioned above. The staff was friendly and so was the owner but the place was empty for Saturday night. You could tell the food was microwaved and they ended up running out of plantains of all things o_0. The waitress was new so she didn't know much either. Regarding the original place we had planned to eat at; we later found out that it had been busted for drug trafficking o_0 scary! No wonder it was closed on a Saturday night!
~Akio
Whoa!
What was the name of the place that was busted?!
I asked Ben but neither of us could remember. >.<
~Akio
Royal India has never been packed when we go there (and we have gone often enough at different times) they're always empty but their food is probably some of the best and the staff is really nice.
Shalimar in Troy is what I am used to tho, i meet Jen every wed for lunch there. <3
Doesn't matter much to me, I like both Shalimar, Royal India, and Okinawa.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
There is a really good Thai place on Lark street. I had really good Pad Thai, like really good. And coconut water that has not been matched in deliciousness. (Sukhothai‎- 254 Lark St, Albany, NY‎ - (518) 463-0223‎)

It's small inside, so we would really need to have a definite number of people to call ahead if we wanted to go here.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]